Sunday, November 18, 2012

Care for a weekend out?

So after a gap of some 2 years I decide to revisit my blog and give it the attention it needs.And a lot has changed in my life since then. I am now almost a year into my marriage :) and a month into my new job. Yes! settling into both these new aspects of my life have kept me busy and also given a couple of good topics to write about. But that shall come a little later. What I really want to talk about is about travel in this post.(Remember I had written about doing a post on my love for travel here? Well, here it is.)

So I was looking at some options on the net for a weekend getaway from Mumbai, something romantic to celebrate a special occassion. The options available under the best romantic places are the regular and may I say a little boring namely Lonavla, Matheran Panchgini etc. So I researched a little more and got some interesting options from here and there and decided to put down my small list here. Although, I have never been to any of the places mentioned below, thought it would be of some help to couples looking out for a short break close to Mumbai.

Malhar Machi, Pune



What works?
This resort also known as Mountain Resort is built near the Mulshi Dam around the Sahyadris and is close to Pune. What appealed the most to me about this place is that it is rustic, natural and yet a little modern in terms of its amenities and architecture (Check out the 4 poster bed in the Maharaja Room to know what I mean). It was also recently covered by Lonely Planet.

For more info visit http://www.malharmachi.com

Beyond @ Sula Vineyards, Nashik


What works?
This may not be a full fledged resort but it definitely is one of the rare wineries in the country that provide a stay option this good. Combine it with an infinity pool (claimed by their website), a romantic view of the hills and some cycling/walking in their vineyard makes it a must visit for all wine lovers and a good option for couples. They also have a villa with a private pool for groups.

For more info visit www.sulawines.com/Stay/

Fort Jadhavgarh, Pune


What works?
This heritage fort built in the 18th century, provides for a beautiful backdrop to your weekend getaway. Apart from exploring the Maratha fort one can also visit the nearby forts and temples. The fort provides stay options in terms of tents and rooms. Going by the reviews I would recommend people to opt for the rooms. The fort also provides some fun activities on request.

For more info visit www.fortjadhavgadh.com/

The Machan, Lonavla



What works?
The Machan is a luxury eco-resort with unique tree houses rising 30 - 45 feet above the forest. This place is apt for nature lovers and will give them an excellent opportunity to get close to it with their partners. Whether it is enjoying the sun rise/ sun set from your private deck, or going on nature trails or bird watching, the resort sure gives you umpteen options to escape into your surroundings.

For more info visit www.themachan.com

So ya, this is my list. Do feel free to add to the list in my comments section :)




2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts, inputs feedback about my posts. Please leave your comments in my comments box. Thank you!